Laid Off, Losing A House + No Health Insurance...Can You Imagine?  

Posted by: Mrs. C. in ,


A lot of people are losing their jobs and homes, which results in no health insurance due to our bad economy!  

The thought of being laid off, losing my home or no health insurance never crossed my mind until this week when I suddenly received a letter in the mail.  The letter stated that my short-term disability insurance wasn't paid and that I didn't have coverage.  How could this be?  The payroll officer in the payroll department takes those fees out of my salary every month...right?  Wrong?  Well not exactly anyway!  I thought to myself, "I need this insurance to cover the my loss of sick days during my absences from work due to illness and surgery."  So, I began to investigate:

I made several phone calls to the payroll department and left several messages and my phone calls went unanswered!  I decided to go pick up my check stub and pay Miss Payroll Officer a visit.  After reading over my check stub, I discovered that no insurance premiums had been taken out of my check.  After discovering this news, the thought of being laid off, losing a house and no health insurance raced through my mind and I immediately began to cry.   How could this be happening to me?  How could I not have control of my life?  I began to pray and God suddenly gave me peace of mind.  I proceeded with my visit to payroll and began to get an understanding as to why there wasn't any premiums taken out of my check.  Due to the number of my absences, the payroll officer thought it would be best that I receive a check than pay premiums.  That wasn't her decision to make and I was able to come up with a solution.  

After feeling the raft of not having health insurance, I now have a different appreciation for my job and home!  

This entry was posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

These days it's pretty hard to provide for yourself. It's even harder to provide for a family. I hope things improve soon.

Girl I swear I'm going through similar circumstances. Having come from a corporate environment it's HARD as hell to adjust to paying for my own health insurance but it had to be done. Times are tough..hang in there and just keep saying my favorite affirmation... "God is my supply and his resources are UNLIMITED"

Post a Comment